Friday, March 19, 2010

Welcome

I joined the Wings of Carolina Flying Club last Saturday. My first flight lesson is scheduled for next Saturday. I'm very excited about this.

I've wanted to take up flying for many years. For a few years, during my teen years, my dad took up the hobby and got his private pilot's license. I guess I'm following in his footsteps.

I've enjoyed flight simming for many years. Recently I've discovered LiveATC.net and that has rekindled my interest. I decided I'll have my midlife crisis now and take up an expensive hobby for awhile. I need a new challenge. I feel confident I can do this and be good at it. And it seems like it will be a lot of fun.

Well, I plan to use this blog as a place to keep a history of my training flights. Post some pics. Maybe even get some feedback from other folks on how I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment