Saturday, April 17, 2010

Class III Medical

One of the requirements for a Private Pilot is a Class III Medical Certificate. This certificate serves as my FAA Student Pilot Certificate also. The club has a relationship with a local aviation physician that comes to the club about once a month to give a basic medical exam. The exam included a questionnaire about any known medical conditions, the a standard breath in, hold it, exhale, cough, type exam. Also gave a urine sample and had a vision test. The biggest surprise was that I also had to do a color-blindness test. Which I passed for purposes of the Certificate, but the doctor had me look at some "advanced" color-blindness testing plates and I got to a few where I could not discern the different colors. He told me he couldn't either and that only a small percentage of the population could. I thought that was pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment